Water heater installation
Included in the installation
- HydroSolution water heater, manufactured in Québec by Giant
- Vacuum relief valve to prevent siphoning
- T&P valve in case of excessive temperatures and pressure
- Discharge tube
- Drain pan placed under the water heater
- Removal of the old water heater and recycling of the raw materials*
- Connection of the drain valve to the existing discharge tube in compliance with applicable codes*
- Various parts such as pipe fittings*
*Certain conditions apply
Not included in the installation:
Possible fees payable to the technicians at the moment of the installation.
- Installation or replacement of the homeowner’s main water valve
- Connection of the drain pan to the floor drain
- Necessary upgrades to comply with electrical standards
- Lift platform to allow the connection of the pressure relief valve to the discharge tube
- Any upgrades to the property’s plumbing
Preparing for your water heater installation
To ensure the proper installation of your water heater and plan for our technician’s visit, please check the following points before their arrival.
Be ready and available
You will receive a confirmation call a few hours before the appointment. Make sure you are available and meet the requirements listed below to ensure the technicians can carry out the installation.
A complete installation can take between 60 and 90 minutes, if there are no complications. If the installation takes longer, you will not be charged extra.
Make sure the access is clear
Please leave the path to your new water heater clear and unobstructed while taking into account the space required around the tank. Make sure there are no obstacles blocking the way. Please note that the size of water heaters has increased since 2008.
Certain homes have specific regulations that the technicians have to consider, like the use of the elevator, space in the parking lot, etc.
Free the path that the technicians will have to take from the delivery truck to the installation site. For safety reasons, our technicians are not allowed to move any furniture or home appliances.
To help you envision the space needed, if you can roll a chair from the delivery truck to your water heater without any issues, there shouldn’t be a problem!
Minimum clearance required around the tank
Make sure your electrical complies with safety standards
Make sure the water heater’s circuit breaker is well-identified and accessible in your electrical panel because our technicians will have to verify that it complies with the requirements.
Make sure your electrical system permits the connection of a water heater. If you are replacing a 40-gallon water heater with a 60-gallon one, or if your electrical panel is older, you may have to upgrade it.
40 gallons – 60 gallons – EcoPeak
|Breaker||20 or 30 amps||25 or 30 amps|
Another element to check
Avoid unnecessary fees related to a false alarm. If your smoke detector is connected to the alarm monitoring centre, it would be best to advise them prior to your water heater installation because there will be welding work.
Find the water heater that’s right for you
household water consumption
Low to average
Members of your household take up to 4 showers or 2 baths every day, you wash your clothes with cold water, and you run the dishwasher every 3 days.
Members of your household take more than 4 showers or 3 baths every day, you wash your clothes with hot water, and you run the dishwasher every day.