Water heater installation
Steps to take before our installation technicians visit your home
Learn the steps you can take to ensure the installation of your HydroSolution water heater is a success.
Be ready and available
Make sure the access is clear
To help you envision the space needed, if you can roll a chair from the delivery truck to your water heater without any issues, there shouldn’t be a problem!
Minimum clearance required around the tank
Make sure your electrical complies with safety standards
40 gallons – 60 gallons – EcoPeak
|20 or 30 amps
|25 or 30 amps
Another element to check
Included with installation
Avoid unpleasant surprises by checking what is and is not included with your installation.
- HydroSolution water heater, manufactured in Québec by Giant
- Vacuum relief valve to prevent siphoning
- T&P valve in case of excessive temperatures and pressure
- Discharge tube
- Drain pan placed under the water heater
- Removal of the old water heater and recycling of the raw materials*
- Connection of the drain valve to the existing discharge tube in compliance with applicable codes*
- Various parts such as pipe fittings*
*Certain conditions apply
Possible fees payable to the technicians at the moment of the installation.
- Installation or replacement of the homeowner’s main water valve
- Connection of the drain pan to the floor drain
- Necessary upgrades to comply with electrical standards
- Lift platform to allow the connection of the pressure relief valve to the discharge tube
- Any upgrades to the property’s plumbing
Find the water heater that’s right for you
household water consumption
Low to average
Members of your household take up to 4 showers or 2 baths every day, you wash your clothes with cold water, and you run the dishwasher every 3 days.
Members of your household take more than 4 showers or 3 baths every day, you wash your clothes with hot water, and you run the dishwasher every day.